The Identity Of A Woman

Whenever you have questions in life and you can’t find the right answers, try to ask God but when you do, be prepared because sometimes, He will give you His answer in unexpected way.

 

Whenever I’ve passing thoughts that lingers in my mind, I tried to find answers.  How?  First, in my prayer, in reading the word of God, talk to sensible people and of course, google.    

 

One of the things that bothered me was this, “A woman is like a flower.”  Why should a woman be compared to a flower?  Though I read quotes and verses describing about it, still, I’m not satisfied.  There is something that I’m looking for, something that I wanted to know why a flower.

 

When I was contemplating what kind of birthday gift to be given for my prayer partner, Jocyl, I ended up giving this paint by numbers because it describes her as a woman.  In what way?  A woman is like a flower, that’s Jocyl.  She’s a beautiful woman and though she is a mother of three, her beauty blossoms.  Aside from being an anointed singer and a song leader, she is also a musician because she knows how to play piano and violin as well, and at the same time, she composes songs for the church.  What an absolute talented woman, right?  So looking at this painting, it really suit her.  That’s how I interpret the flowers, the violin and the paper (besides the flower base) on this painting.    

 


This paint by numbers was one of the most difficult paintings I ever had.  The first one was the The Nativity, second was the light house (the blog will be out soon) and this is the third.  Why it’s difficult?  Because of its tiny details.  I thought, it’s easy to paint a flower but no.  In this painting, I spent more time on it because the petals itself has 4 to 5 shades of colors.  Can you imagine how many flowers in this painting.  Hehehe.

 

Do you remember my curiosity?  Why a woman be likened to a flower?  Because a woman wants to be detailed in everything.  Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s one of the characteristics of a woman, right?  I’m not exempted, of course.  I got this answer while tracing the different kinds of shades.  I mean, while shading, I heard an analysis how a woman deals even in the little things around them not to mention unnecessary things which sometimes cause trouble if can’t be handled properly.  Also, the petals represent a woman of multitasking. 

 

Music warms the heart, right?  No wonder a woman loves to be serenade.  Would you agree with me?  Maybe, others would disagree with this but I think, it’s just a frontliner most especially if she feels embarrass of the moment.  Maybe for some, it’s kind of corny in the outside appearance but inwardly, she likes his man to sing for her, right?

 

I know that this is an old school way of expressing love, but I believe, love letters still matters.  Not all men are eloquent.  Some of them are vulnerable so writing love letters can help.   For some women, it is also a love language. 

 

Whew!  I was awed how God answered my curiosity.  To be candid, I was delighted because God gave me the answers, of what my heart is asking for.  This simple truth widens my understanding about the living things around me.  Surely, when you seek, you shall find it. 

 

On August 5, 2019, I delivered this birthday gift at the house of my prayer partner without her knowledge.  After a day or two, she texted me and expressed her gratitude.

 

Indeed, it was a gift of love with an encounter with God.


Comments