A Random Thought That God Fulfilled

I can’t remember exactly when, perhaps sometime in late 2015 or early 2016, I had this desire that somebody would surprise me with something like this through the media or in print. Indeed, it was just a random thought, really.  But somehow, that thought stayed with me.

 

Then, on August 16, 2016, I was resting at home when my younger sister woke me up because somebody was looking for me. I wondered why, because my birthday lunch was already over. Why did we still have visitors?

 

I went out of the house, and guess what?  I was greeted with a surprise birthday cake and birthday greetings from employees of Love Radio.

I wondered why they were at our house because, first, I didn’t know them. Second, they weren’t invited. And third, I was a little upset because my afternoon nap had been interrupted and I certainly wasn’t prepared for a surprise!

 

One of the employees explained the mechanics to me, and I understood what I was supposed to do. They sang “Happy Birthday” to me and took pictures.

 

Birthday Cake Mo, Sagot Ng Love Radio Kalibo


When they left, I suddenly remembered that random thought I had years earlier. I had once wished that someone would surprise me or feature me somehow through the media. I never imagined that God would actually fulfill that random thought.

 

I was amazed at how God can fulfill even our random thoughts and little desires; things we may casually think about and eventually forget, but that He never overlooks.

 

Of all the gifts I received on my 33rd birthday, that moment was the best.

 

Looking back, I realized something: what was just a random thought to me was already something God could turn into a beautiful memory.

 

Maybe it wasn’t a big dream. Maybe it wasn’t even a serious prayer. But God reminded me that He knows the little desires of our hearts, too and sometimes, He fulfills them in the most unexpected ways.

 

To God be the glory!

Comments