KAVHIN

 I love art.  I love paintings.  I love comics.   I was fascinated and awed when I saw Mandy Moore’s portrait made by Kavhin.  I really appreciate his artwork.  I wished to have such talent but I’m happy to be one of his art fans. 

I can’t exactly recall when was the first time I met Kavhin in college but if I remember it right, our friendship started after intramurals.  He’s sweet and kind, caring and easy to be with.  His friendly smile will make you comfortable and he’s there for you if you need a friend.

 How our friendship started?  It’s ART.  Our interest in Art brought us closer.  He has the passion to paint but it was not developed.  He’s not confident enough to show it to the world, that’s why he often said that he’s not good in doing Art but as his fan, I don’t believe it.  His paintings were good.  He tried to be a cartoonist in a local newspaper in Aklan and he even did my art projects in humanities. 







One of the things that I’m grateful to him was, I had a job in Boracay Chamber of Commerce.  If he didn’t send me the hiring message, I wasn’t able to enter the business world.   Thanks to him, I was able to meet high profile personalities and built connections.  Travelling within Visayas at that time become comfortable and I enjoyed the benefits of it.

 When we worked in Boracay, we seldom talk, text and chat unless needed but one day, we had a heart to heart talk.  At that time, he was undecided whether or not to stay in the island or he has to move out for greener pasture.  He worked with his paintings and presented to me.  When I saw it, I was able to interpret the meaning one way or the other.  I also learned that something happened in the family and home.  He was shocked when I knew the situation because he never shared it to me so I told him that one of his paintings exposed it.  In other words, the interpretation was correct and I explained to him what I saw.

 


Fast forward.  Kavhin worked in UK and from time to time, I checked on him because there were times that he just passed by my mind out of the blue and I just uttered a little prayer since I didn’t know what’s going on.  I found out later on that something happened.  He may not understand my way of knowing things but I would say that he was used to it.  According to him, everytime there was turn of event or major events in his life, though we don’t talk or see each other, I foresee it.  Though sometimes I choose to pray for him than to confront him, still, he was waiting for me to say something everytime I reach out to him.

 

His Digital Painting
October 22, 2022

Kavhin is one of the noblemen I ever met.  During the wedding of his younger sister where I was one of the “Ninang”, (my first ever and the single among the sponsors), his kind gesture caught me off-guard.  He took off his blazer and put it on me due to heavy rain.  I was shocked and touched at the same time but I felt somewhat awkward because his wife was there and saw what happened.  It seems like, we were all stunned and we just ignored it.  At the reception, I took off the blazer and gave it back to his wife.  I first met her years ago in Boracay Island when Kavhin and I worked.

 

If I have to name who are my true friends in life, Kavhin is one of them.  It is still my desire and I’m looking forward to see him once again working out on his passion - ART.

The latest painting he shared in FB
May 9, 2014

 

Comments