Starting Over Again

About 10 years ago, while decluttering my stuff, I saw a special item that was kept for years - the evidence of my stupidity in love. 😅  I kept it because it can still be used (if I've the guts to do so, one day) and for remembrance as well. ✌️ I would be lying if I don't have any emotional attachment on that item then, of course, I do but when I saw it again, I knew in my heart that I've already moved on and totally let go of that person before he got married. 🙃

Maybe you would ask, "How I was able to moved on?"  Well, for me, it's just simple.  Accept the fact, decide to let go of that person and be happy for them.  Maybe you would say, "Oh, that's shallow love." Really?  "It's easy to say you have to move on but it's hard to do."  Really? 😅. It might look like shallow love, hard to do or whatever alibis it may be but during that time, I held these principles in life:  "Love is kind" and "Love is a principle."

There is a saying that whatever gifts or items that you received while in a relationship should be returned when you break up in order to cut soul ties and/or emotional attachment to that person who gave it.  

Well, maybe, that could be possible for some but for me, it's not necessary unless needed.  What matter the most is that, your action in your decision.  By the way, there was never an us and there was no label between us.  It was just a mutual understanding as we have constant communication at that time which I cherished.    

In 2014, when I saw the trailer of Starting Over Again by Piolo Pascual and Toni Gonzaga, I was kind of curious of the story plot.  I wonder how they will going to portray the title itself so I went out of town just to watch it.   The movie is good and recommendable for those who are struggling in "let's move-on". 😅

For me, the most significant part of the movie was the scene where Toni was struggling for several times in deleting the email but the moment she pressed the delete key, she knew in her heart that "it's over" and she had peace to leave the past.

To "move on" is a decision to make and to put action on it is the evidence that "it's over".

Comments