Are You Ashamed Of The Cross?

Diamond Painting #12


February 17, 2020.  I was in my room when I heard this question:

"Are you ashamed of the cross?"
"Of course not!", I answered.
"Then why did you say that it was not good?"
"Huh?"  Wondering what it meant.  Then, I was reminded of the words I uttered that morning.  Realizing that I offended God in that slip of the tongue, I asked for His forgiveness and I believed, I was forgiven.

Ouch!  I didn't expect that kind of confrontation or correction.  I thought, it was just a slip of the tongue but that morning, I didn't realize that I already offended God one way or the other.

This friend of mine liked my collection of paint by numbers and diamond paintings.  When I asked her if she wants to do one, she refused.  I decided to make one for her so I choose the framed cross.  I supposed to give it to her on the 14th day of February but for health reason, she's out of town.

To be candid, I'm not satisfied of my work.  It's not good and perfect as it should be.  There's something wrong with the alignment although I tried to fix it.  I've fear to belittle so I told my friend ahead of time how I felt sorry because my work is not good.

When I handed to her the painting in the morning of February 17, I was still kind of hesitant.  I repeated the same words to her but she told me not to worry because it's good.  She appreciated my labor of love and thanked me many times.  Kind of relieved but still, I'm not satisfied of my work.  If only I was able to do it perfectly.  Sigh.

The beauty of this diamond painting will not be easily appreciated unless you will see it from afar intentionally as it sparkles when illuminated.

The following morning, I received a  message from my friend that the painting I gave her fitted on the wall of their sala area.  According to her, it was so beautiful most especially when the radiating rays of the sun reflected on the cross.  It really shines and good for the eyes.  I was happy reading it and it warms my heart.

See, it's not about my work.  It's about the Cross, the work of Jesus that shines.  The cross is the evidence of God's love for me, for us.  It is through the cross that we have salvation today.  So how could I say those words?  Shame on me.  Have mercy Lord.

As what I've said, it was a slip of the tongue, out of frustration and I never thought that it would offend God.  That's how I analyzed the situation and the reason why there was, I would say, a gentle confrontation that happened.  He reminded me that, no matter how I made that painting, what Jesus did on the cross is good.  The cross itself is good.

Sometimes, we don't mind the words we say but there are times that we offended God occasionally, knowingly and unknowingly.  As Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit."

I'm grateful that God corrected me before the end of that day.  Yes, it's just a slip of the tongue but there is power on it so we have to be watchful of the words that comes out of our mouth.

The goodness of God led me to repentance and leave its importance in my heart.  I'm blessed that my friend appreciated the Cross of that painting and it should be because He must increase and I must decrease. (John 3:30)

Comments