The Sting of Death


When I first heard the news about corona virus, a “man-made virus” crossed my mind.  I’m just wondering how the virus spread rapidly from nowhere because virus can be developed.  How come it killed people suddenly without a trace?   How come it was concealed from the public?  What is the purpose of it?  Could it be a bio-warfare?  I also don’t know the reasons but I have this feeling that in order to maintain power, there should be a sacrificial lamb to cover up everything.   

About five years ago, I was in prayer with my prayer partner when I felt the urgency to pray for the Diocese of Visayas to be delivered from perilous pestilence.  There was no specific what it was but I just prayed for the blood of Jesus to cover and cleanse Diocese of Visayas from any pestilence. 

February 1, 2019.  I dreamt about the white smoke looks like small snowflakes traversing and covering the streets.  People on the streets and in their respective stores were falling down and they were dead on the spot.  We fled out of fear for our life but it seems like it was faster than I imagine.  We rebuked and commanded that thing to stop and not to come near us.  For a while, it stop so we managed to climbed up to the higher place but as long as we stop rebuking that deadly smoke, it has life to know where we were and tried to reach us.  What we did, we stamped so hard on the table where we stood and rebuked it together not to come near us.  Indeed, it happened and we were able to get out of the area alive.

From 2015 to 2019, our country experienced countless of dengue outbreak.  People were dying out of it.  Last year, my family went through dengue testing and my father was hospitalized due to pneumonia.  My attention was divided since my family got sick in one shot.  Sort of panic but when I found myself in that state, I heard in my heart, “Why are you in panic?  See the big picture of your situation.” I came to my senses and I fully understood what it meant.

My heart was settled when I heard those words.  I focused on the situation that I almost forgot that I have the Great Physician.  Yes, I did pray for their healing but in a half way because my mind was occupied of what medical treatment to be done.  The enemy tried to distract me, to forget that I have God who heals us, that I have the authority through Jesus Christ over sickness and diseases and to steal our finances in spending much for medicine.  When I realized those things, I put my trust completely to God and rebuked the devourer and the sting of death over my family.

Amidst this corona virus, I’ve peace in my heart because there is always a reason why it happened and I know that God is in control of everything.  I saw this already in my prayer and in my dream so I don’t worry too much.  I believe that prayer has no expiration because God is faithful in fulfilling His promises of protection.  I’m not saying that we will take this virus lightly but we should deal it with faith and confidence that God will protect us and that we have the authority in Christ Jesus over death.  Satan is already defeated and under our feet so we have to stamp him once again with this corona virus to die down in the name of Jesus.

Comments