Unexpected Travel

I do love travelling and going somewhere on the Christmas Day as well as on the New Year's Day is one of my desires. I once asked God about it because I'm wondering how does it feels. I never thought that God will answer it with a twist.
While waiting for our flight at the departure area of Kalibo International Airport, I found myself laughing inside. I was amused of what happened on December 25, 2016 because I was reminded that this is the moment I asked for. God gave us the favor despite of obtacles and unforseen circumstances. He truly proved Himself faithful in our behalf because He never put us to shame.
My family and I did not travel on that day for a vacation but for the burial of my brother who died on December 18, 2016. Due to our prior commitments we decided to travel on Christmas day after we attended the mass and congregational Christmas party. Maybe you would ask how we were still able to celebrate Christmas despite of what happened. Well, we chose to set aside our emotions and focus on the true reason why we have Christmas. Besides, death is the beginning of life eternal so we are confident that my brother is in heaven already and enjoying the blissful moment of his life.
We landed at NAIA at around 12 midnight due to delayed flight. We traveled almost five hours from the airport to Tarlac not to mention that we were lost because we traversed the express way. We trust God's protection and we were able to reach our destination safe and sound.
My brother was scheduled to be buried on the 29th day of December and yet, his documents were not done due to negligence. It was kind of frustrating because 8 days had passed and nothing happened. By the grace and mercy of God as well as the prayers of the faithful, we were able to settle things and gave decent departure for my brother.
For about two days since we arrived, I spent more time on the road because I'm travelling from Tarlac to Montalban for about four hours and that was vice versa. I'm grateful to my cousins who accompanied me in settling the death certificate and that was an answered prayer for us since we don't know where to go to. In the natural, that was the exhausted travel I ever had as we have to leave early in the morning and went back at night. What amazed me was the strength God has given me through it all.
Our fligt back to Kalibo was on December 31, 2016. Again, it was an answered prayer. I owned three seats on the plane and that was a cool experience. We went home empty handed and I don't know what will happened next if we have food in the house, if we have provisions the following days but you know what, God was able to provide. Food were served when we arrived home.
I'm so grateful that I woke up on the 1st day of January with plenty of food on the table. My brother and his wife traveled for about 45 minutes just to delivery the same. We were not running out of provisions. We started the new year with abundance and that was amazing.
I'm so blessed how God works. He is unpredictable and full of surprises. He may answer the desire of my heart in other way but the thing is, He proved Himself faithful in our behalf, He never leave us nor forsake us and He really provides. Above all, He set things in order.
No matter how the enemy would steal and destroy our happiness, God intervened and that is the most important thing. He never leave us orphans but He cares what is important to us and that's how great our God is.

Comments