The Suffering


Is there anybody in this world living without suffering?  Of course!  Those were in the cemetery already because they rest in peace, right?  Is there anybody could tell me how to address the feeling of being hurt because of somebody’s mistake?  If we were hurt because of our own mistake, how can we handle it?  There are so many questions in this life that we can’t even get an answer.


While on my way home in March of this year, I was so upset of the situation I was in at that time.  I suffered emotionally and mentally dealing with it.  Though I was indirectly involved of the problem but somehow, I will be affected if I will not do something about it.  I mean, I suffered because of the wrongdoings of others.  The mistake was done due to lack of knowledge and misconception of everything.  When I was looking at the big picture of the problem, I was so worried.  How I’m going to settle the situation?  I’ve so many whys and hows.  I had sleepless nights, mentally troubled finding out solutions and heartbreaking because I don’t know exactly how to settle it.  Yes, I prayed God to work mightily in my behalf but I can’t help myself to be angry and worried at the same time.  We don’t deserve it anyway.  We’re doing the right thing and yet there were people who don’t care about it, maybe they do but it’s different to what they were doing.  After all the mumbling before God, I heard these words in my heart: “now you know how it feels to suffer because of someone’s mistake”.   When I heard it, the Passion of Christ movie flashed back most especially the bloody face of Jesus Christ and his eyes looking at me intimately why He is there.  I was stunned and to be candid, I was humiliated.  I felt so ashamed.  How dare am I grumbling before God of my pity suffering compared to what Jesus Christ did for me, right? 

In that moment, all my defense mechanism turned down and I was able to have peace of mind.  No longer will I complain.  No longer will I be angry.  No longer will I blame others of their mistake but I would rather do my best to address the problem properly according to God’s will and purpose.  When I rested my case to God, things were put into order and it was settled according to its need.  The fullness of its rehabilitation is still on the process and I believe that when we do things right consistently, God will help us to complete it.

Always remember that in facing difficulties in life, God knew exactly how it feels.  The suffering that we encounter is nothing compare to what Jesus Christ went through the cross.  It is us should be in that situation but because of His great love for us, He made the ultimate sacrifice that you and I will suffer no more.

Comments