"Me" Time


“The birth of your daughter is not ordinary.  Her star is different.  She will encounter big and high profile personalities in the future.  She will go far in the future.”  These were the very words my Nanay told me every now and then out of the blue.  It’s astrology, your know.  Her father told her that when I was born.  Out of curiosity, I checked on my birth certificate to find out the significant of the star my grandfather talked about.  Well, this what I got, I was born when my father and mother were at the age of 37, I’m their 7th child and went out of this world at 8 o’clock in the evening.  What a perfect number, right?  

I never had a birthday without a celebration.  It always does because my birthday is also the religious fiesta of our barangay, so what to expect?  There is always a celebration one way or the other.  Last year, I decided to have a “me” time on my birthday.  I want to celebrate it alone for a change.  I want to travel, watch a movie and enjoy my “me and myself” alone.  Of course, my family’s reaction was “why?”.  Well, I told them that if I’m not going to do it for this year, when will it be?  I stressed out that I have to do it for myself to experience being alone in my birthday for a change.

I woke up early in the morning to have my attendance checked in the house of the Lord and attended daily office of prayer.  I was surprised when the Primate greeted me then prayed for my healing first as I’m not feeling well and then my birthday.  I’m grateful to God for the gift of life and healing.  After DOP, I had my quiet time to God, thanking Him for another year and for blessing my journey.

Since the terminal going to Roxas City is near the church, I just walked.  I was still amazed of what God has done to me this morning so while walking down the road, I was thanking Him.  Everything is perfect and good because the weather was fair and my journey was smooth.  I was laughing inside when I saw my high school crush riding the tricycle.  He’s still single so I think, nothing is to worry about, I guess.  Hahaha.  God is really awesome.  I never expected Him to surprise me this much.  Kind of overwhelming, I swear.  My crush has a car yet seeing him in my special day riding on a tricycle was kind of a reward for me.  We just had a civil greetings and my heart leaped with joy.  Perhaps, God really want my birthday to be completed with that moment. 

My gift for myself is to buy my desired NIV mini bible which I found in National Bookstore.  I’m really grateful when I found it there because everytime I look for it, proved futile.  It is always out of stock.  The price is affordable and it’s an answered prayer for me.  God is really amazing.

While strolling at Robinsons, I met Police Officer Gregorio and his mom.  I wasn’t able to join them having coffee session as I have to catch the first preview of the movie The Day After Valentine because I planned to watch 2 movies in a day but sad to say, I don’t have enough time since I have my practice in the evening so I need to be home before 6 in the evening.  The movie was good and I enjoyed it.  It features Hawaii which is a nice place to visit with and I’m looking forward to do it one day.  Learning Baybayin captured me the most.  How I wish to learn the writings and the desire to be a linguistic came to light again.  It’s really good to learn and understand other language too. 

It’s good to feel having a “me” time because it refreshed me one way or the other though at the back of my mind, I felt the frustrations of my family having not present in the house during my birthday.  When I got home, I ate the food they prepared for me.  I also went to church and fulfil my ministry.  I know that my parents were a little bit upset because of my busy schedule but they have to understand that I can’t stay with them forever since I’ve my own life to go on.  I have that feeling of going away one day and what I did is like to prepare them.  At the end of the day, I felt good.  I have a gift of life; I received blessing from God; I saw my crush; I bought my desired bible; I watched movie and I travel.  Though there were embarrassing moments along the way, still, it didn’t ruin my day at all.

God is really amazing!  He does things beyond my expectation.  Thank you Lord for everything.

Comments