God of Restoration


“When God restore something, it’s not just for our own benefits but also for others.”  The statement I made when I first gave this testimony in one of the Wednesday Fellowships.  Maybe it sounds strange but it’s true for me because  I went through that.

If I’m going to study the prophecy and words of encouragement given to the Church for the past years, it’s more on the invitation of God to spend time with Him and that, He will restore things what has been stolen, among others.  I was wondering why those words were repeated many times over and it really bothers me.  Does the people were kind of harden that they could not perceive in doing what God wants to do?  I don’t know.  I can’t answer in behalf of them but I asked God for me to understand and He gave me series of answers according to His time. 

I remember when I celebrated my 18th birthday, somebody gave me “A Love Letter from God” as present.  Words were taken from the scriptures, how God loved us from the very beginning to the end, His promises and His unending love for us.  I was reminded by the Spirit to look for it.  At first, I ignored it but I kept on struggling so I have to force myself to find it and when I did, I’ve peace.  As I read it again, I was comforted inside because of His amazing love.  I was moved by that letter yet wondering why I have to go through with that.  Later on, I received this insight that before I became a witness of God’s love to others, I should be assured of His love first.  Yes, it is.  I’m assured of God’s love and His love is so amazing to me.

I started doing my hubbies that were buried long ago due to mis-interpretation of other people who were so called “sensitive”.  I used to send letters, cards, and scriptural notes in my younger years but when I encountered mis-understanding and mis-interpretation, I decided to stop because it hurt me so much.  When I noticed doing stuff which I love before, I’m getting understanding that God is faithful to His promises - that He will restore things that has been stolen, the joy of doing what I love. 

November 23, 2016, I started writing the meaning of my teenage crush’s name (a common name which I always encounter).  I searched for the corresponding scriptures that will fit his two names.  I can’t explain the feeling but I have to give it on his birthday.  Of course, I’m hesitant to give because he knew that I’ve crush on him but for the sake of the peace of mind, I did.  Thanks for his friend so handed the same to him.  There was joy in my heart but at the same time, there is fear that I might mis-interpreted again but I do prayed that he will be blessed by it. 

When I was in the office, I heard in my heart, “tell that person that I love her”.  What? Is that you, Lord?  I asked.  I’m scared to be honest because I might rejected or something.  I didn’t know personally that woman though I knew her as one of the employees so I choose not to tell her, not that I don’t want to but because of fear.  Sorry Lord.  I’m not really obedient.  God is merciful to me so He gave me a second chance to do so.  On Valentine’s Day, I printed out pieces of the love letter in colored paper, folded it like an invitation card and put butterfly made of old brochure.   I gave the letter to the woman as well as those people who were pinpointed to me while I was on the hallway.  What a joy in my heart when I heard their response of that letter.  They said that they were comforted by that letter and the best gift ever received on that day.  The butterfly on the other hand, became an instrument of new life and new perspective in life for some who were delighted because they asked for more.  They were inspired to see those butterfly made of brochures on their wall because it helped them recover from their illness.  

After all I’ve done, I thanked God for the success.  I realized later on that the purpose of restoring my hubbies is not just for me but also for others.  I’m beginning to love writing once again and trying to fix my sentences though I’m not good to that.  I’m doing crafts exposing and even exploring new things that will enhance Thy gift.  It’s one way or the other spreading the good news in a simple way.  I was now able to overcome fear and able to step out of my comfort zone once again. 

Comments