Gumamela


There is no such as so called “original” than the ancient.  For in the beginning, everything is made perfect.  Though there were things that rediscovered, still, it belongs to the Ancient.  I might sounds silly and weird but I learned that while doing the gumamela paper.  I had a simple encounter with God while doing the gumamela paper as table center piece.

All my craft creations and ideas were not original or copyright.  I mean, I just copied others work and make it beautifully and productive.  I just watched videos and imitate it.  I’m doing my craft as pass time and stress reliever but oftentimes, as a gift and labor of love.

Working with the gumamela paper is not an easy thing at first because I tried to make samples and I’m not satisfied.  It’s not perfect as I wanted.  The first time I tried, I was embarrassed because it’s not good though people tend to appreciate the beauty but still, I’m upset as it was not as beautiful I wanted.   Second, third, fourth attempts but proved futile.  What’s wrong?  I followed instructions, I did my best and even used a true gumamela flower as pattern but still, I’m not satisfied.  Kind of frustrated at that time when I believe God impressed me this, “when you imitate my work, make sure, you do it my way, not your way”.  I was stunned.  What do you mean Lord?  I asked but I knew what He meant.



I did as instructed.  I made a pattern out of gumamela flower, the details and how it was formed and by then, I felt satisfaction of my work.  Sigh.  From that day on, I was inspired to do gumamela paper and was able to accomplish with satisfaction.  People began to see my work and praised the beauty of it.  They taught, it’s real but no, it’s just a crepe paper gumamela.  Those flowers were used for an occasion and it’s good to feel that your work has been appreciated.




God is so gentle with me and I really appreciate it.  I will never forget and will always keep in mind that in imitating God’s work, it should be according to His way and not my own.  Above all, the glory belongs to God. 



Comments