Seek the Lord

“Seek the Lord while he may be found, call on him while he is near.” – Isaiah 55:6

There are so many ways to seek God – through prayer, through His word and spending time with Him.

Seeking God I would say is kind of vague for some of us.  It takes time and courage.  Although we heard the word of God over and over again, still, we tend to forget or ignore.  Sometimes, it became music to our ears that passed by.

While I was doing the customary cover for the major feast, I was kind of curious why the former cover photos of the Feast of St. Matthew, St. Mark, St. Luke and St. John were kind of different than the other saints and feasts.  I can’t understand the symbols at first.  Why lion, why ox, why a man and an eagle?  I can’t grasp the meaning of it though it was explained before.  I asked God for revealing unto me the meaning of it that I may have a personal encounter or revelation of what I’m doing.

April 26, 2013, I was able to get references of the four gospels.  St. Matthew sees Jesus as a King; St. Mark sees Jesus as a Servant; St. Luke sees Jesus as a man and St. John sees Jesus as God.  I was awed when I read this.  Wow!  Kind of amazing!  I was led to Revelation 4:7 that says: The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man and the fourth living creature was like a fling eagle.  I was overwhelmed because it seems like the mystery of four living creatures were unveiled to me.  I’m grateful since I learned that the four living creatures are the four gospels of Christ.  Come to think of it, only the four gospels described who Jesus is: His birth, death and resurrection and in the book of revelation, it says that the four living creatures give glory, and honor and thanks to Him.  Can you see the relevance of it or I’m still using figurative words here?  I hope you understand what I’m trying to say. 

Everytime I see the icon of the throne of God at the church lobby, I have a better understanding now what it meant.  Surely, you will find God when you seek Him with all your heart.

Comments