When You Hold My Hand

Walking down the street with you in a cool day was kind of seldom.  I can't recall if you offered help to carry my stuff.  I'm wondering why you were not bothered if it was heavy or not, neither heard a single word from you.  Yes, kind of upset of your silence.  I don't even know your thoughts.  I don't know if I'm visible or you were just ignoring me.  I was complaining inside.  I can't help to think why you kept speechless.  Thoughts were playing out of my mind but I tried not to entertain it.

When you adhered your arm to mine, I was kind of electrified.  Fingers crept by, seems like playful and all of the sudden, you hold my hand.  I was kind of startled and dread.  What are you doing?  What will happen if somebody sees us?  I mean, holding hands while walking?  Kind of big deal to me as we are not in a relationship anyway.  Eventhough kind of anxious, I know in my heart that you are kind and you will not do anything that will harm me.  You did assure me that then.

I was left behind when we were at department store as you were looking for someone or something that will make you happy.  I became an instrument for that longing.  I can only see you from afar but I can't be with you in your journey as I was kind of tired pursuing you.   My body is not willing to do so, so I let you go of winning it.  I'm just here to wait for you, to where you left me if ever you will come back.  After having said that, I accompanied you at a distance and I saw your face no more.

Comments