Everything Is Going To Be Alright


What a heartbreaking moment when I found this article I made about 7 years ago.  I wrote this after the 2006 Baguio Convocation.  It seems that shakening is still on going within the Body of Christ.  If you are not aware of what's going on, you will say that it is happening because of the rescission, hurtful memories among others.  

The best thing that we can do is to uphold in prayer the affairs of the church and our leaders.  
     
"I grew up in the church at my young age and I was inspired by the faithful in the church.  I wanted to be like them, diligently serving God but somehow in the passing of time, I saw some of them getting cold in their service for the Lord.  The once front liners are now taking the backseat.  They have their own reasons why and I cannot judge them of their acts but I can see one way or the other the changes.  I was asking God, “what’s going on?”  This was the burden in my heart before I went to the convocation in Baguio. 

I want to receive from Him, expecting for His answer despite of distraction.

In the first preliminary session, Primate Hines’ teaching opened my understanding.  God allows shakening, for us to stop for a while and listen to Him.  He does this to get our attention especially when we are headed for danger.  Maybe God allows shakening in the church, for us to rise up as His church and declare His glory in the world.  Shakening is not bad but good and in times like this, positive attitude matters most.

During the first midday praise, I was troubled and distracted of what’s going on for those faithful in the church because I heard glimpse of shakening around me.  I was crying inside and felt so ashamed to God but when I heard Fr. Obet reading the Revelations of Divine Love by Dame Julian of Norwich at the same Eucharist, I was really comforted.  He read, “It is all going to be alright.  You will see for yourself that everything is going to be alright.” This statement eased up the burden I had before the convocation.  I felt God embracing me saying that I should not be worried for everything is going to be alright.  As I confessed this over and over again, I received the comforting assurance that God is in control and that everything will be alright.

After the convocation, I went home believing that indeed IT IS ALL GOING TO BE ALRIGHT.  I don’t know how and when, but it will come.  I am hoping to be a part of that work, in the area of healing or restoration.  I fervently wish to see those people serving the Lord again and working again in the kingdom of God." 

Comments