Mark for all Season

Wherever I go, you are always there. You make it a point that in every season of my life, you are always part of it. Wonder why, always had the chance to be with me eventhough I tried to evade from you. I can’t help myself to have you in my life. Sigh.

The Chinese Mark. You tried to be kind, to be friendly and did everything just to know me. How dreadful to think that you were not able to enter even at the gate of our compound because I prevented you to do so. All I did is to evade myself, and yet, in that simple sketch we became close friends. You said, I’m weird the way I get up and there is one thing that always annoys you, but you’re still there. “I love you” is very seldom to you. When you said it to me, I don’t know how to react then because I was in my momentum. I know it embarrassed you when I laughed at that moment. While you were floating, you lay your head on my shoulder and hold my hand to be comforted. And in that short time, you had peace and gain strength to go on. Years past, we met unexpectedly and I know, it was God’s intervention. I’m kind of patient in waiting, unwanted to miss the chance I waited for, and I’m grateful to God that friendship remain after all odds.

The 6 Footer Mark. Who could resist your charm? Both of us knew that you came in my life just for acquiescence and of course, per pressure of our common friends. We tried to be comfortable to each other but the kindle wasn’t there as we have different personalities, different views and concerns to work with. As what you have said, “I’m not deserving for her”. From the beginning, I didn’t expect things colorful because we knew inside us that we’re just complying of what our common friends want, right?

The FilAm Mark. Oh, how I love the “balbas” the most. At first, we’re just strangers to each other but the more we see each other twice a month or more than that, it develops closeness. Check attendance, phone calls that makes me annoy sometimes. I can’t forget this complaint, “Lintik na meeting na yan! Lagi ka na lang nasa meeting everytime na tatawag ako. How could you find time to yourself and to me if you’re always like that?!” Well, I’m in the business world and what can you expect if you are one-man body? You came over to see me through, as you said, “mahal kita”. We had a great time but I know it frustrated you when you did not get what you wanted. I’m not like other woman whom you think easy to get in with. I told you once and yet, you tried, hoping to change my mind. But what did you get out of it? Eveything changed after that moment that we became strangers again at the last days and I never regret what I stand for.

The Pinoy Mark. A teenager kind of tactic, wanting to be my friend but kind of rejected at the first attempt. Everything goes smoothly and interesting when I tried to be kind and be friendly. Every moment, you want to be there, even in a simple way, you want to show how much you care. Short or long time, it doesn’t matter to you as long as understanding is there. You made the fury furnace cold with “I love you” but in the time of uncertainty, silence of the heart matters. “Is he will be a help to you or destruction in the things I want you to do?” a voice I heard in that silence. Sigh! “So meaning, he is not the one?” I asked but no answer. When prayer reveals the “real” and the “fantasy”, things is not the same as before. Hoping that of all the Mark I know and met, you will be different but prove futile.

Like water under the bridge, passing by and let go. Meeting you again in the journey makes me smile. “Oh, it’s Mark again.”

Comments