Hugs to be remembered

It’s good to start the year 2010 with memories that can be remembered forever. God is so good and faithful in His promises that He granted the desire of my heart according to His will. He never granted it by the end of the year 2009 but early days of 2010.

Hey! What I’m talking about?! Just simple, be patient in waiting for the answers of your prayers. Learn to be prepared of the answers of your prayers so that when time comes, you will not miss the chance or the second chance God has given you.

Last January 2, 2010, I finally gave a hug that has been asked for by Brain during our college days. “Pahug Gem ho..” He asked me that when there was a chance we met on the hallway but I always ignored it because I don’t want to. I’m not matured enough to do so. I know from the start that we are not meant to be and it will never change til now, that’s why I didn’t allow him to hug me.  For the sake of friendship, I promised to myself that in due time, I can give it to him with no hesitation, with all my heart and above all, the willingness to do so. 

The time has come.  God twisted everything - the schedule, the place and even the chance I waited for. I’m so grateful to God that finally, I was able to give the hug Brain asked for about almost 7 years ago and this moment happened this year. The hug we had was just seconds. 
 
We were walking down the streets when I told him that I have to give his birthday hug gift eventhough it is late because I prepared myself years for it and I don’t want to miss the second chance. 

Everything is just normal. No other impact, it’s only friendship. I don’t feel anything beyond friendship or what. What I know is that, I have peace now because I already given the gift I wanted to give. What I did is just to keep the promise and nothing else. He asked me that for a long time and when I have the chance to do it, I did. I’ve that peace in my heart and in my mind that it’s already done. The gift has been given wholeheartedly and it’s really feels good.

As I am reminiscing of all the hugs I received from those special someone in my life, the most hug I really felt was the hug of Artist. Artist is very special to me then. We had that intimate communication through texting but because of circumstances, I really choose to cut off our communication.  

He is the person behind my email add “missyoumygi”.  Everytime he sent me his message, there is always “my gi”. I asked him why he called me that and he said, “nobody owns you so I will call you mine”. Huh? I don’t take it forgranted or whatsoever.  

Everything is just friendship because I know that he is not the one for me. “miss you” is very common for forwarded messages and he did wrote it on the card he sent me. "Take care" is always at the end of his messages.  Our friendship relationship was strengthened in text. It’s a long distance friendship relationship for we were both students at that time.

We met again after a long time but he has his own family already. He never told me about it but my dream did two years ago before we met. I only expected him to shake my hand when I greeted him, “hi”. He did shake my hand but I was surprised when he suddenly embraced me. I never expected it. I really felt his heartbeat because he embraced me so tight that my heart heard his heart saying, “Sorry Gi, I am taken.” I can’t believe it will happened because it was really unexpected. I’m happy for him because the dream is no longer a dream but real. 

I treasured the memories we had. It really mold me to be strong and better person. When I gave him my email add, he asked why “missyoumygi”, well, he just want to know my answer but I know that he knew what’s in that “missyoumygi”. We are still friends until now.

Another remarkable hug was the hug of Jit. I never expected his hug also. We have gathering at that time when he hug me before I left the party. That was the gathering that I also introduced him to my parents. 
 
My parents knew him in my stories as my lovelife is an open book to them but they never met him personally. According to him, he was kind of honored that he met my parents. I don’t know his reason why but I’m grateful that he has that positive reaction. He told me that he’s kind of overwhelmed because he never expected me to introduced him to my parents. Well, I just want my parents to meet him personally before they will hear something fishy. hehehe…

When we were on the stage of getting to know each other, I asked God if he is the one for me but He never gave me an answer. Visions were coming in but it’s not clear. 

The moment has come. I was in the room of our friend resting when God told me to go out. I asked Him why? He said, “You want to know my answer if Jit is really the one for you, right? then, come out of the room and you will know.” In my obedience, I did. 

When I reached the sala area, I stopped. I saw the scene that answered my question. It’s not a third party actually. When I saw Jit, God asked me, “Is that the kind of guy that you are asking me to be your man?” I replied, “No”. No more questions followed and it’s over. He is not the man and it’s been two years of struggling when I finally told Jit that he is not the one for me. 
 
Again, long distance relationship, that’s why it took two years for me to talked to him privately. I’m grateful to his leader for the support because I was able to let Jit know about it eventhough the atmosphere says we are. People thought, we are in a relationship already because of our intimate closeness but we are not. After the conversation we had, we embraced each other and that embraced marked as “we are still friends despite of what happened.”

Sigh! These three hugs are really to be remembered. If I’m going to line them up, Artist is in number one because he did help me to be strong and to be a  better person. Second is Brain, the second person among friends who knew me inside, helped me to be matured in a relationship and third is Jit, helped me to strengthen my personality.

I’m blessed and grateful that I met these guys. They played a big role in my life, they helped me to strengthen my spiritual, mental and emotional aspect in life. I’m happy for the field they have chosen.

When the right time comes I will meet the man of my life, he will sum up all the hugs I encountered and he will do the best hug to be remembered forever. Cheers!!!

Comments