Faith Goals!!! Be patient in waiting

If I’m not mistaken, it was year 1999, the first year doing Faith Goals.  

Faith Goals was initiated by Bishop Dick and Sister Nemia Alcaraz. It is tested and proven in their lives and they started sharing it to the congregation. It is submitted every January 1, the Feast of the Holy Name. 

At first, kind of excited because it is a new revelation but as the years go by, that excitement was turned into doubt. “Does Faith Goals really works?” That question was very common for some because none of their lists didn’t happened as they expected. 

Of course, some prayers can be answered within a year but sometimes, not. It takes time and it depends upon the attitude of waiting, of believing and of working with that goals. If things didn’t happen, write it down again and believe that God will give what you desires.

An example to that is my faith goal for passing the Stenography Examination. In our Faith Goals every year, there are three categories: Personal, Family and Church. I put that goal of passing the Stenography Exam in my Faith Goals under Personal in year 2004. I took the exam but I failed by technical reason. Every year, I put it in my faith goals eventhough I didn’t get the exam. It was year 2009 when I got the chance to take the Stenography Exam by chance for the second time. And yes! It is my time! I passed the Stenography Examination last May 26, 2009. Thanks God!

Yes, you have to develop the attitude of waiting in setting up your faith goals. Hhhmmm, not to mention my lovelife… hahahaha…. Hmmm, I did put it in my personal again. Actually, I forgot this faith goal because I erased it many years ago when it didn’t happen. It’s kind of funny because when I checked on my previous Faith Goals, it’s about 10 years of asking God about it. Whew! Just be patient… hehehe

What exactly I wrote in my 1999 Faith Goals was “In year 2001, I will have a boyfriend”. When I read it, I wondered why 2001? When I recalled, oh, I’m in college at that time. Obviously, it never happened and I’m frustrated about it and the reason why I didn’t put it in my 2002 Faith Goals. hehehehe…. 

Well, for almost 2 years, I rewrite it again but no specific year. I don’t want to be frustrated again. I know that one of these days, I will meet the man of my life. When I shared it to my friends, they said that maybe, the 2001 will be 2010… Who knows?! Wow! For almost 10 years!!!!

Honestly, the reason why is, God want me to settle first the unsettled relationships before and now that everything has been settled early this year, I know that I will meet the man of my life soon.

Comments